Combino driver cab / Combino Fahrerkabine

• Hello, my name is Igor and im really bad at German so ill writte you in English.

Im coming from Croatia and im interested in your Combino trams im working for Croatian Railways as a train driver but i was always fascinated by trams and wanted to drive them but since in our country situation is not so well about thoose stuff i went to be a train driver :).

My question for you guys/girls is where can i find good quality pictures of Combino trams driver cab from Basel. I was searching the forum and the internet and didint find anything.

P.S. Im sorry if im posting this in a wrong spot i hope moderator team will put it where it needs to be or show me the right way.

Best wishes from Croatia:)

Igor

Snowy -5 c°

• Welcome, Igor!

I don't see anything wrong with where you placed your post.

I'm allowing myself to translate your post into German, so that everyone can definitely understand it. I hope you're OK with that.

• Thank you Alex247 for translating my post :).

Also thank you Grenzacher for posting this photos. I dont know how can i open it in full resolution, or get some details from the driver desk?

Im asking this because im considering of making a Combino model in 1:8. Also it would be nice of you guys if you could give me other details of tram like roof equipment, front, back, accordion part and other. Best help of it would be to get tehnical drawing whit at least some measurments.

Again tnx all for help.

Best wishes from Croatia:)

Igor

Cloudy -6c°

• Hello,

Sadly you can't open these pictures in full resolution, because they were made in 2001, when the first combino's were just delivered, and as you probably know, the cameras were not as good as they are now back then. Also note that the driver cabs don't look the same any more, if you want to make a combino in the 2019 conditions. Also, it would be easier to help you if you could say if you like to do one in light green (original paint, but not necessarily original conditions), or in darker green (paint used since 2015). I linked self-made pictures of the 2 versions, note that the light green version got new logos since 2001. I can't help you with the roof, but I have a photo of the part of the acccordion that is changed when the combino's are renovated and painted in the new green. But I only have a picture of the "before" version.

Sorry if there are spelling mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker.

P. S. I'm also working on a model, I'm doing the "Baragge" from 1948-1951 that were replaced by the combino's, and I'm planning to make one of a Tatra T6A2.

Hier dann noch einegrobe Übersetzung von meinem Beitrag auf Deutsch:

Die Bilder kann man leider nicht in voller Grösse öffnen. Aber die Führerstände sehen seit dem Aufnahmedatum auch anders aus. Um Dir besser helfen zu können, wäre es noch hilfreich zu wissen, ob Du einen hellgrünen oder einen dunkelgrünen Combino als Modell bauen willst. Hellgrün ist die Originalfarbe, aber das heisst nicht unbedingt Originalzustand, und Dunkelgrün ist die Farbe, in der man die Combinos seit 2015 lackiert. Auf den beiden selbstgemachten Vergleichsbilder sieht man, dass der Hellgrüne seither z. B. neue Logos erhalten hat. Mit dem Dach kann ich nicht helfen, aber ich hätte noch ein Foto anzubieten, wo man den Teil vom Gelenk sieht, der bei den Revisionen (und somit auch Umlackierungen) verändert wird. Leider habe ich auch da nur die "vorher" - Version.

P. S. Ich baue auch gerade ein Modell, aber von einer Baragge, und will auch eins von einem Tatra T6A2 machen.

• Duwag+B4 thank you for pictures. Are all Combino trams getting this new look? how many of them are still in original shape?

Im looking for all data and pictures i can get so i can decide then what will be most accurate to bulid.

Thank you all for the pictures, i wont mind if you post some more of the details. I was making plans of visiting Basel to see Combino in live. And also im need to say that i more prefer original look of Combino trams tnah this new one.

I dont know is it possible to visit tram depot? Like in Zagreb it is posible whit previous announcement.

Other Croatian city whit trams is Osijek.

Also Tnx to the Be4/6 105 for posting his picture of the driver cab.

Best wishes from Croatia :)

Igor

Cloudy 2c°

• Duwag+B4 thank you for pictures. Are all Combino trams getting this new look? how many of them are still in original shape?

Here you can look: Sichtungsliste Combino

(Dark Green: New Look- Bright Green: Old Look)

(306 special Tram FCB)

Thank you all for the pictures, i wont mind if you post some more of the details.

I can make you soon some more pictures from Combino

• It's probably possible to visit the depot if you make an appointment with the BVB (Basler Verkehrsbetriebe). 18 combino's (301, 307-310, 312, 314, 316-320, 322, 324-328) are still in the original shape, 1 (323) is currently in renovation and 9 (302-306, 311, 313, 315 and 321) are in the new shape. It is also worth to mention that Combino no. 306 (on the picture below) didn't get the new green, it was painted in red and blue for FC Basel, Basel's football club. The last combino's will be renovated probably around 2021, but of course, the sooner you visit Basel, the more likely it is to see a light green Combino. Currently both versions are circulating every day on lines 1, 2, 8 and 14, so there is no worry about not seeing one of the versions (and this will probably not change in 2019).

Edit: Be 4/6 105 was faster in writing a response

• Darf ich den kleinen Hinweis geben das wir möglichst Deutsch schreiben sollten.

Wenn einer von euch kein Deutsch kann, (wie Igor 212122) darf er auch Englisch schreiben.

Wir bitten dann einen Englisch Kenner (ich denke und danke da an Alex 247) darf er uns den Text dann Übersetzten.

Posts an Igor 212122 dürfen gerne in beiden Sprachen geschrieben werden.

Ich danke für euer Verständniss und verweise auf die Netiquette:

https://www.tramforum-basel.ch/wbb5p/index.php?netiquette-tfb/

• Ehmmm, dieser Thread ist ja für Igor. Somit ist es logisch, dass man ihm auf Englisch schreibt und somit dieser Thread in Englisch ist. Da es sich ja auch nicht um ein Englischexpertenforum handelt und das Niveau jetzt auch nicht übermässig hoch ist, sollte man es ja mehr oder weniger verstehen und falls nicht, kann es einem ja auch egal sein, denn wir haben das ganze auch in anderen Threads ausführlich und in Deutsch. Dies hier dient einzig dazu, dass man Igor helfen kann, Informationen zu beschaffen, die er nett angefragt hat. Und jeder Normalsterbliche schreibt dann natürlich in Englisch zurück, meine Güte

• Ja, also ich weiss jetzt auch nicht, warum das ein Problem sein soll.

Er schreibt ja nicht überall in Englisch mit, sondern hat hier ein Paar Fragen zu seinem Projekt geschrieben.

Ich bitte um ein bisschen Nachsicht.

Dear Igor

sorry in case you got confused.

In principle the Forum's language is German.

But for your project feel free to ask your questions here.

Some of us do speak some English, some don't.

Those who do not speak English were a little bit confused as they did not understand the English content in this threat.

I wish you good luck with your project and hope you get the needed info.

• Ich hab mit dem Englischen keine Probleme.

Aber es gibt User im Forum welche kein Englisch können.

Ich möchte auf keinen Fall das Englisch verbieten, oder gar den User Igor aus dem Forum vertreiben.

Ich hatte aber auch zwei Anfragen bekommen, von Lesern die kein Englisch können, mit der Bitte das Thema zu Übersetzten.

Daher kam mein Vorschlag mit dem Zweisprachig.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Grenzacher (29. Januar 2019 um 08:33)